Phyllis J. (Lepper) AdamsFebruary 10, 1925 ~ July 29, 2017 (age 92)
AUBURN — Phyllis J. Adams, 92, of Auburn passed away Saturday, July 29, 2017, surrounded by her family at the Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Phyllis was born February 10, 1925, in Fort Wayne to the late Carl and Lena (Meyer) Lepper.
She was a graduate of North Side High school in Fort Wayne.
She married Norbert E. Adams on December 14, 1946, in Fort Wayne, and he passed away October 2, 2014.
She worked for Allen Dairy, Cole Pattern and Fort Wayne Foundry, and Concordia Lutheran High School, all of Fort Wayne.
She was a member of St. John Lutheran Church in Kendallville and was currently attending Trinity Lutheran Church in Auburn with her daughter, Susan.
She was a dedicated volunteer at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum in Auburn for the past 22 years. She was a member of the DeKalb County Republican Women’s Club. Phyllis enjoyed quilting and knitting, but what she cherished most was the time shared with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Surviving are a daughter, Susan J. Bauermeister of Auburn; a son and daughter-in-law, David E. and Connie Adams of Big Turkey Lake; three grandchildren, Andrew Bauermeister and his wife, Lea, of Fort Wayne, Jon Adams of Fort Wayne and Amy Hoover and her husband, Aaron, of Fort Wayne; three great-grandchildren, Gabriella, Gavin, and Graham Hoover; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; son-in-law Jerry Bauermeister; a granddaughter, Ginne Bauermeister; and a brother and sister-in-law, Karl and Doris Lepper.
Services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Feller and Clark Funeral Home, 1860 Center St., Auburn, with the Rev. Jonathan Nack officiating. Burial will take place in Lindenwood Cemetery in Fort Wayne.
Visitation will be today from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at the funeral home.
Memorials may be directed to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum of Auburn, Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home of Fort Wayne, or Trinity Lutheran Church of Auburn.